Ten years have passed since the end of Gothic 3 and the world has changed – the Southern Islands have become embroiled in a grueling conflict, and set the stage for the player to brave countless adventures in the guise of a nameless hero. In a vibrant and elaborate environment, decisions will have to be made which will change not only the future of the Southern Islands, but of the entire world…
Old acquaintances and new faces will aid the hero or attempt to thwart his efforts throughout his epic journey. Especially the members of the fairer sex will play a more important role. Who knows maybe the women will make the hero’s life a little more complicated…
Exciting quests and challenging fights will be as much highlights as intrigue and betrayal. Will the nameless hero overcome these obstacles and complete his seemingly insurmountable task?
- Huge landscape to explore
- Different climes
- Lush and vibrant flora and fauna
- Dynamic transitions between day and night with spectacular lighting effects
- Real-time shadowing for the entire game world
- Familiar, consistent and believeable characters
- Focus on arcane abilities
Gothic 4 is being developed for PC and Current Gen console systems, a release date will be announced in the coming weeks.