I’ve just saw the news, CoD 5 on it’s way. Here is what I’ve found.
A few features:
– It’s built on the Call of Duty 4 engine, and Infinity Ward has been giving feedback on the game just as Treyarch gave Feedback on COD4.
– It’s the first Treyarch Call Of Duty to have a 2-year development cycle. UNLIKE infinity Ward, Treyarch have had to make games in a year. COD3 they made in 8 months and they practically admitted at the event that COD3 could have been better.
– It features all the stuff from COD4 and more. Including the multiplayer perks, flying shooting levels, harrowing storyline.
– It looks amazing too and plays much more like Modern Warfare than COD3. No shaky shooting, story driven like COD4, COD4 style scenarios and harrowing scenes.
– It features online co-operative AND vehicle based combat.
Call of Duty: World at War is set back in World War II amid the Pacific struggle between the US and Japan.
Content is said to be as gritty and mature as any game around. Apparently the opening shows a Japanese commander stubbing a cigarette out in the eye of a prisoner before slitting his throat and turning to dish out a similar fate to you. Is that gritty and mature enough for you? Is it?
Below are some of the known details on the game, as reported by popular gaming forum, NeoGAF.
-A flamethrower will be available in the game, and is apparently based off of the design and handling of the armament in Return to Castle Wolfenstein. This lethal weapon can burn the skin off of your enemies.
-The player is able to shoot through cover, “with enough bullets, the player causes enough damage to one of the walls to create a hole big enough to walk through.”
-The game allows you to swim for the first time in the series, although movement will be severely limited, with your character only capable of walking at half speed.
-The game will feature a four-player online co-op mode, in addition to a two-player split screen co-op mode.
-COD 5 incorporates a “metagame” scoring system, whereby your earn points to unlock special co-op perks.
-One demo showcased one player attracting the attention of an enemy tank, while another proceeds to climb on top and throws a grenade into its hatch, killing its occupants.
-16 players online up to any one time.
-Game utilizes COD4 engine, “Environments are much destructible, it’s possible to burn objects or blow them to pieces. Bodies and objects float in water. Impressive lighting.”
-Lead development platform is Microsoft’s Xbox 360.
-Two year development schedule
Stay tuned for more details as they become available.
Call of Duty: World at War has four-way co-op
When I saw this, I was thinking, man co-op and flame throwers, this game is going to be soo awesome, can’t wait for it to come out.
“With Call of Duty: World at War, we’re re-defining what it means to play a WWII game,” said Treyarch boss Mark Lamia. “We’re excited to give players a host of new enemies that employ entirely new tactics, as well as new, groundbreaking tools – like co-op and the flamethrower – to succeed in the epic fight.”