Counter-Strike Online is a remake of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero targeted towards Asia’s gaming market. It is being developed by Nexon Corporation with oversight from license-holder Valve Corporation. Unlike most of Valve’s games, Counter-Strike Online will not require Steam to play.
There are 9 new weapons available in Counter-Strike Online, in addition to the “classic” weapons featured in the original Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. Additional weapons include shotguns, new submachine guns and assault rifles.
Some of the new rifles also feature a “barrel change” system. When the player selects the other configuration of the weapon, the player changes the barrel and turn the weapon between a semi-automatic marksman rifle and the normal assault rifle.
There are several new maps available in Counter-Strike Online.
- Tunnel – The first official death match map in Counter-Strike, The map is small with many structural obstacles put in place.
- Camouflage – A small hostage rescue map, set in a two story building.
- Camouflage 2 – A rebalanced version of Camouflage.
- REX – A Demolition map set in a laboratory with both bomb sites located on the second floor.
- There are 10 new player models available in Counter-Strike Online, 5 for each team.
- Phoenix Connexion
- Elite Crew
- Arctic Avengers
- Guerilla Warfare
- Midwest Militia
- Red Beret Condittiere
- Asia Red Army
- National Liberation Campaign
- Vigilante Corps
- SEAL Team 6
- South Korean 707
- Taiwanese Police special forces(SOZO)
- Chinese Devil Squad(Magui)
- Japanese SAT