Updates to the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
Pure Servers * Servers can now force the client to match the server’s files, by becoming a pure server. When a server enables sv_pure, clients who connect and play on the server cannot gain an advantage by modifying the game content. For more information about Pure Servers, click here.
Definition: A ‘pure server’ is a server that forces all clients on the server to use content that matches what is on the server. This way, clients who are playing on the server cannot cheat by modifying the game content.
Without pure servers, clients could modify their materials, sounds, and models to give them advantages in the game. They might allow themselves to see through walls, make enemy models larger or brighter, or make certain sounds louder, thus giving them an advantage while playing.
* In-game server browser only shows human players in the player counts column.
Bots column now shows number of bots instead of a “some bots” or “no bots” icon
* Fixed servers with bots reporting incorrect number of bots when sv_master_legacy_mode is set to 0
* Fixed a server performance problem with queued packets
* Increased the maximum rate to 1 megabyte
* Added a findflags console command, which can list all cvars with a specified flag.
For example: ‘findflags server_can_execute’ will find all console variables and commands marked with FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE
* Cheat protected many cvars and commands
* Removed cl_restrict_server_commands to prevent clients from being redirected
* Fixed user names reported as “unconnected” when greater than 32k players had connected to the server
* Fixed a client crash during authentication
* Fixed a crash when mashing the ~ key on disconnect
* Fixed a bug with sv_minrate and sv_maxrate not applying properly on the client
* Fixed the free roaming camera in SourceTV demos
* Fixed cl_language archiving itself and not updating correctly when the language changed
* Fixed a voice recording bug that could cause voice dropouts
* Fixed a rare crash when spectating in Counter-Strike: Source